Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Jet-setting ghost

When the father of the late Prof. Anton Estrada of the Asian Institute of Management died in London, he went to the United Kingdom to bring the body home. His father was a diplomat assigned in London.

Flying home in a 747 plane, Anton’s father appeared beside him. They talked like they used to when the old man was still alive. Anton had forgotten his father was dead.The father even ordered a glass of wine from the flight attendant. Anton told me his father thanked him for arranging the return of his body. That was when he realized his father, who then disappeared, was dead.

Shortly afterwards, the flight attendant brought the glass of wine his father ordered.
“Where’s the passenger who ordered two glasses of wine?” asked the flight attendant.
Anton replied he went to the rest room and gave her a very sweet smile as he got the glasses of wine.

Speaking of ghosts in an airplane, here’s another story I recall.
I was coming home from California. I can’t remember the date but it was in the mid-90s. Some flight attendants recognized me and asked if I could go with them to their quarters on the upper deck of the plane.

I asked why, but they merely said they felt something there. They could not rest or sleep there as they felt the presence of a spirit. They asked if a spirit could haunt an airplane. I said it was possible.

I asked if anybody who worked in that plane had died. They said one of their stewards died recently.

When I entered their quarters, I could not breathe. My chest became heavy and I was gasping for air. I could not stay too long in the place and had to get out. I told them the spirit of that steward was still there.

I asked how he died. They told me he was asthmatic and he was having difficulty breathing. No wonder I felt all the symptoms he had before he died.

I suggested to them to get a spiritist or psychic to exorcise the plane or at least help the spirit of the flight steward to ascend or elevate itself. Otherwise the crew would not be able to sleep in that place.

They thanked me as I returned to my seat and slept quietly until we landed in Manila. That was my first encounter with a ghost inside a plane!

Pinned down by a spiritIn 1986 I went to Milan, Italy, to speak at an international symposium on alternative healing.

After the symposium, the organizer, a good friend of Pope John Paul II, asked several foreign speakers, including myself, if we wanted to meet the Pope. Of course, we all said yes.
And so about 15 of us flew to Rome to meet the Pope.

We were billeted at the century-old Ambasciator Hotel in front of the American Embassy in Rome. It had one-foot thick stone walls. Though it looked old, it was well-preserved.
A strange incident happened about 10:30 in the evening, the day before we were to meet the Pope at the Vatican.

I was about to sleep when I noticed a very heavy invisible being on top of me, trying to push me down. I sensed it to be a heavily-built male spirit.

I could not move but I did not panic. I remembered that my eyes were closed all the time. I was not sure why I did not open my eyes.

I talked to it telepathically asking who he was and what he wanted. But I got no reply. He continued to pin me down.

I knew it was useless to shout for help because the walls were so thick nobody would hear me.
So, I decided to fight back. I told him mentally, “So, you want to play, ha? Then let’s play. I won’t allow you to intimidate me. I want you to get out of here right now!”

After I said that, the spirit suddenly disappeared. I was able to move. I opened my eyes and saw nobody in the room. Then I readily fell sleep.

The next day, we had a special audience with the Pope. I was able to talk to him face to face for a few precious minutes. I gave him a copy of the German edition of my book on the Faith Healers of the Philippines.

The Pope told me, “Faith is what we need most in the world today.”

When I told him I came from the Philippines, his face lit up. He smiled and came towards me although several others were trying to catch his attention. I cannot imagine that my book is now in the Vatican Library.

I have had several more encounters with the paranormal and supernatural in different hotels, offices, elevators and factories. But I better stop here before I scare you that you do not report for work anymore!

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view_article.php?article_id=79592

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home