Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lecture on karma at 33,000 feet

ON the way back from Cyprus to Manila, our plane made a stopover at Dubai.

On the Dubai to Manila flight, one of the almost all-Filipino crew named Kristine recognized my name when I presented my boarding card to her.

“Oh, you’re the one who writes about soulmates and things like that, aren’t you?” she beamed.
“Yup!” I said, “Same guy.” She got excited and said she’d talk to me later in the flight.

A little later, she came back to where I was seated (which was on the aisle) accompanied by her Eastern European Flight Purser we shall call Michelle.

Kristine wanted a picture taken with me so we went to the flight attendant’s station and had somebody take our picture with my camera.

Kristine said Michelle wanted very much to consult me when she learned who I was. She asked me to come with her to the First Class cabin where it’s less crowded and had more space.

My wife, Yoly, was sleeping soundly at the economy section and didn’t know I was “kidnapped” by two lovely flight attendants.

After offering me champagne (which I didn’t take because I don’t drink any alcoholic beverage) she asked me if I could give her a reading while Kristine listened intently as she sat on my right side. Michelle sat next to me on the left.

I told her I didn’t really make psychic readings of people, neither did I read minds. I said I was not a fortune teller, nor a psychic, as commonly understood. She insisted on my telling her what I saw in her.

“Well, okay,” I finally said half joking. “I think you are highly emotional and you cry easily.”
“Yes, you’re right. I cry even over small things.” I was surprised at the accuracy of my guess.
“I didn’t know that!” Kristine said in a loud voice. She had known Michelle for 13 years and she never saw her cry, she said.

I sensed she really needed someone whom she could talk to about her problems. But she didn’t tell me at first what those problems were, which were very personal.
Michelle’s past life

“Let’s see what I can tell about your past life that’s causing whatever problem you may have now.” I stared at her and she turned her face away, a bit embarrassed or self-conscious. I told her to look at me straight in the eyes which she did.

Then the impossible happened! I literally saw her face change into an Arab man’s face!
“You were an Arab in your past life,” I told her. She didn’t say anything. She seemed stunned. So

I asked her, “What do you think of Arabs?”
“Oh, I am attracted to Arab men,” she suddenly replied, “but I don’t really like Arabs, I don’t know why I am attracted to them.”

“Because you were an Arab before,” I told her matter-of-factly.
She revealed to me soon afterwards she was married to an Arab and all her previous boyfriends were Arabs.

“Maybe you did something to these men in your past life, that’s why you are attracted to them and they are in turn attracted to you, too. This is all part of your karma that you have to work out with them.”

Although she had heard of the term, she wasn’t sure exactly how the law of karma works. So I gave her a short lecture about karma and reincarnation 33,000 feet above the ground!

After thanking me profusely, she asked my wife to join us in the first class cabin and offered us drinks and snacks. She allowed us to stay in that more comfortable cabin for the rest of the flight, which passed so fast.

What I did on that plane was nothing extraordinary. Anybody can do that if one just blanks his or her mind and says whatever comes to mind without evaluation, guessing or criticism.

When one does this without anticipating at all, the right intuitive side of our brain begins to release information stored in one’s subconscious mind which is connected to other’s subconscious minds.

Very accurate, detailed information about a person can be obtained this way which cannot be done by the left, critical or logical brain.


Source: http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view/20081118-172767/Lecture-on-karma-at-33000-feet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home