Monday, March 31, 2008

Married woman puzzled by rekindled high school love

A married woman in her 40’s, Christina (not her real name), wrote me about a high school love that had long been forgotten until it was rekindled 30 years later. What complicated things and caused guilt and fear is that her family belonged to an ultra conservative, militant Christian Charismatic movement. My columns have made her curious about reincarnation—how she and her lover may have been intimately connected in previous lives.

She married late, at 30, and now has a son and “a very responsible” husband. She said she led a quiet life until she met again her first love in high school.

“After graduation, I never heard anything about him, except that he got married early to a woman much older than he.”

After 30 years she saw him again. Something happened that she could not understand, “My knees trembled at the first sight of him.”

That fateful meeting led to something more serious. “I knew what we were doing was wrong, and I attempted to end it, but we always ended making up.

“He told me of places they had stayed in and I was surprised that I had lived in the same area during that time. One time, I was waiting for a bus when a car almost hit me. I learned it was he trying to get my attention, but didn’t have the nerve to approach me. He never saw me again after that because I moved offices. But we managed to continue with our affair, seeing each other whenever we could, but regularly texting and making phone calls.

“We are still in touch with each other. I do not have the heart to end our relationship. I would like to believe that in our past lives we may have had a connection with each other.”

Common case

Christina’s case is not unique.

There are reasons we relate to another person in either a loving or hateful manner. Unless we understand the workings of karma and reincarnation, we will not be able to understand such behavior.

Christina attended my seminar on “Soulmates, Karma & Reincarnation.” Next week Christina will relate what she saw during her past life regression in the seminar and how it explained her current relationship.

Note: My next Basic ESP & Intuition Development Seminar will be held April 26-27, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., at Rm. 308 Prince Plaza I, 106 Legaspi St., Greenbelt, Makati. Attend the Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) seminar to be conducted by Certified NLP Master Teacher, John Boja from California on April 12-13, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; and Tarot Card seminar to be conducted by Gina Gacer on April 19-20, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Interested parties may call 8107245, 8926806, or fax. no. 8159890.

E-mail innerawareness_2005@yahoo.com.ph or visit www.jaimelicauco.com.

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view/20080331-127535/Married-woman-puzzled-by-rekindled-high-school-love



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home