Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Answers to FAQs

Part I
IN connection with an article she is writing for Katipunan Magazine, an independent publication of the Ateneo de Manila University, Julian Qua sent in a number of questions concerning my life and work.Since many of the questions she asked were also often asked by other people, I thought it best to answer them in this column.

Personal questions:
When did you first realize you wanted to pursue this kind of “career”? Why?
You are right in putting the term “career” in quotation marks, for I do not consider what I do to be a career. It really started as a hobby. I was interested in those areas that science considered to be out of its scope, thereby completely ignoring them.Events that cannot be explained scientifically are considered to be “anomalous” phenomena or “paranormal.” I believe, however, that such events are normal and natural. And so I sought to prove this theory.

In time, my hobby or avocation became a vocation. I have now written 15 books on the subject over a period of 25 years. I also have three more manuscripts under preparation.
Who is the most interesting person you’ve met? Why?

There are several persons I’ve personally met whom I consider to be most interesting. One was Pope John Paul II. I met him at the Vatican in 1986 in a special audience. I spoke with him for less than two minutes, but it was a most memorable meeting with the head of the Catholic Church who would later be nominated for sainthood.Imagine meeting personally a would-be saint? It’s not every day you meet one, you know.

The other most interesting persons I’d met were:
• Uri Geller, the Israeli psychic who became famous for bending spoons through telekinesis. I met him in Düsseldorf, Germany, in 1994.

• Luis Gasparetto, the amazing mediumistic painter from Brazil. He can paint a great masterpiece in less than 10 minutes while in a trance. I met him in Argentina in the 1990s.

• Olof Jonsson of Sweden, probably one of the greatest psychics of modern times. I met him in the Philippines during the administration of President Cory Aquino. He helped Marcos find the Yamashita treasure. He died several years ago in Las Vegas.

• Dr. Russell Targ, who led the scientific experiments on remote viewing at Stanford Research Institute (now called SRI International) in Menlo Park, California. He studied for 20 years and scientifically proved the existence of this mental ability.

There are others I consider very interesting personalities that I’ve met, like Tom Johanson, famous spiritual healer from England; Deepak Chopra of the United States; Dr. Hiroshi Motoyoma of Japan; Dr. Hans Naegeli of Switzerland; Dr. Alfred Stelter of Germany; and Dr. Karl Pribram, a neuroscientist from the US.

Who is the person you admire the most?
Aside from the above mentioned individuals, I would say I admire most Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Homer and Shakespeare.

What is your most out-of-this world experience so far?
When I spontaneously went out of my physical body in 1975 and saw my body from the ceiling. I was looking down at my physical body while suspended or floating near the ceiling. That was the strangest thing that ever happened to me, my first conscious out-of-body experience or astral projection.
It was this experience that proved to me the existence of the astral plane and our ability to travel in that realm.

If you could have any kind of power, what would it be and why?
To run faster than a speeding bullet, stop a train with my bare hands, jump a building in a single leap, and have X-ray vision. Ooops! That sounds like Superman! No, seriously, I am happy with whatever I have right now. They are not much, but they are above-average abilities.I think it is wrong to pursue power for the sake of power alone. Power should only be used as a stepping stone toward a higher purpose.

Next week: More questions about psychic gifts and how to develop them will be answered and discussed

http://showbizandstyle.inq7.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view_article.php?article_id=10349

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home